Archive for the ‘pads’ category

XOverlay is (almost) working now. Export is next.


Now the xoverlay works finally (and the dynamic pads are solved too, if you missed the comment I wrote on the “Not yet”-post.)(UPDATE: Nope. The dynamic pads are initially connected correctly now, but as soon as the user tries to switch to another movie and then back again to the original one, the pads don’t get connected. And when the user repeats this action once more, the program crashes). It was really difficult and my current branch of gtkD and gstreamerD are quite hand edited on some parts now. I’m not sure how to do some of that stuff automatically with gtkWrapper, but it doesn’t matter on the functionality part.
The only thing not quite working with the xoverlay is the expose(). For some reason it doesn’t really have an effect, and if some other window overlaps it, there will be hole in the video overlay. So you’ll have to resize the monitor widget to get it working normally again. But that’s of minor importance for now. (Thanks to many people over at #gstreamer and #d).

Next is export. I hope I get it sorted out by 30th. The release is going to be a wacky binary release inside a And you’ll propably need to put the two libraries (libgtkD and libgstreamerD) to somewhere inorder for it to work (And it will also be made on Ubuntu Dapper, but I’ve tested that it works on Feisty too). I’ll also release my branch of gtkD and gstreamerD as a, as I don’t have time to merge it with the official version now. The release will be almost usable for something, but totally alpha. But you’ll hopefully be able to see some good(UPDATE: mediocre 🙂 ) stuff there too.

Not yet


As some might have noticed, there’s been no release yet. Next month might also come too soon. We’ll see. To make a release I’d like two things: export working and the dynamic pads working reliably. Getting the monitor to be an XOverlay in the main window is optional but would make a huge plus. Pihlaja is quite crashy (if there can be such a word).

I’ve been in the Midnight Sun film festival in Sodankylä for the last week, and so haven’t been able to do much on Pihlaja. Saw some great movies like Jia Zhang-Ke: Still Life, Ghobadi: Half Moon and Elia Suleiman: Chronicle of Disappearance and Chronicle of Love and Pain.

Although I’ve coded the basis for exporting. It still doesn’t work for some reason though. As I said earlier I have huge issues with some dynamic pads not being created. I’ll have to try to ask someone about that stuff, as there’s really little documentation on problems.